Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Is It Really The End?

                                                                    Death is not the end
                                                             Death can never be the end.

Death is the road.
Life is the traveler.
The Soul is the Guide
...
Our mind thinks of death.
Our heart thinks of lifeOur soul thinks of Immortality.
    
                                                                                                                                 
- By: Sri Chinmoy            


  
The first thing that popped up in my mind when I started reading was a picture of the sky breaking apart by some kind of light. That’s the image I always get when I think about death. I basically think of heaven. In the second stanza it talks about how death is the road, life is the traveler, and soul is the guide. I think what that means is death is the path you have to take while you’re alive. Your soul guides you through the path so it can move on. In the third stanza it talks about what our mind thinks and what our heart thinks. What I think is that what our mind thinks is fact and the thing our heart thinks is hope.
            I think this poem is about how you have to go down a dangerous path of death and you’re the traveler. You’re seeking for life down that path and your soul is helping you. There’s a constant struggle between death and life always. You just can’t avoid it. Even though you know death will always come at last but you’re hoping that you’ll live forever. What you don’t notice is your soul thinks about living forever but you don’t notice that because you’re worried about dying.
                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment