First thing is that Snape isn’t really a bad guy for people who still thinks he’s creepy and weird. In the early beginning of book #7 he’s at a meeting with the Deatheaters. He was the calmest out of all the Deatheaters at the meeting when Voldemort entered. I’m guessing the reason for that was because Voldemort trusted him the most. No one was really thinking that he might be a double- agent and working for Dumbledore. Later on the teacher at Hogwarts that taught about Muggles was killed. Snape couldn’t help it. It was either save her or the whole population of Wizards and Muggles. It was an important sacrifice that had to happen.
If it wasn’t for Snape Harry wouldn’t have possibly found the Gryffindor sword and be able to destroy the Horcrux. In the beginning of the series I guessed it looked like he hated Harry. I’m guessing the reason for that was because he was the son of James. James used to bully Snape when they were young, that kind of blinded Snape to know that actually the only one who was doing the bullying was Draco. Then in the sixth book he kills Dumbledore. That made him look like the bad guy. But really he didn’t want to blow off his cover. His job was to help bring Voldemort down in any way possible and that meant sacrifices.
The thing that I wanted to really figure out the most was why he agreed to help bring down Voldemort? Ever since he was a little boy he thought of joining Voldemort. Snape followed Voldemort’s tracks and eventually joined him. He would hang out with people that would do mean things like Dark Magic and who wanted to join the Dark Lord. His environment was nothing but joining Voldemort and doing cruel things with Dark Magic. So what made him turn back? Who or what was that light that showed him the right way? It was Lily. He had always loved her. Then when Snape found out that Lily would die by Voldemort he tried to warn them through Dumbledore. It was because of how deeply he loved and desired Lily that Snape was able to turn his head and come back, away from the darkness. I guess in a way he was Harry’s guardian but just didn’t show it the way you would expect to. Was it revenge that made him want to kill Voldemort?
I like how you answered some of your thoughts meaningfully through out the book.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you and I think that Sanpe is defenantly the hero because he loved Lily, and even if he felt like there was nothing else to live for after she died, he knew the only thing left to do was to not make her actions go to waste and protect Harry.
ReplyDeletei agree he is the hero snape put his feelings aside for a better cause
ReplyDeletehey I will be using this a s a mentor!
ReplyDelete