Basically all I’ve read in this book is about a boy named Edgar finds a book in the cliff that he always climbs on. Since he can’t read the book because it’s not allowed in Tabletop, he has to climb all the way up the vertical mountain and finds a boy, Samuel who can read it to him. They only read a few pages of it before Edgar has to go back down so people won’t notice he’s missing. On Edgar’s second visit to the Highlands (on top of the cliff where Samuel lives) Samuel gets caught with the book and is locked up in a room. Edgar escapes and climbs back down. The Highlands is sinking down into Tabletop and they start fighting. Edgar finds a page from the book in his pocket and captures one of the people from the Highlands (Sir Emerick) and tells him to read him the page. Sir Emerick lies and tells the boy there’s a second book in the Flatlands (a barren wasteland full of creatures that nobody has seen). So Edgar takes the trip down to the Flatlands. It takes him a few days and he ends up with his shoulder bone popped out of its place, a missing pinky, and a concussion. But the good thing is he still livesJ.
I actually found this book in my house. It was just laying there on a table and I never seen it before. I asked my dad if someone left it in his car and he said maybe. The cover looked really cool and I picked it up and started reading. I just wasn’t able to put it down once I started but since I’m only human I have to go to sleep sometimes. But even then it would be the only thing on my mind. I would always be thinking what would happen next. Then a few days later my sister said it was a book she borrowed from her school’s library. I WAS BUMMED OUT WHEN I HEARD THAT. I thought I would have to stop reading it and give it to her. But since she’s nice she let me borrow it for a weekJ.
If I would have found out that I went all that way down to a barren wasteland of DEATH I would have been pissed off. It kind of brings me back to the saying all is fair in love and war. But I’m pretty sure there are limits to that. What kind of cruel human being would send a 12 year old boy down to his death? I guess in a way Edgar cheated death and he’s probably thinking of revenge. Edgars really tough to do something so dangerous like that. He did something that no one was able to do or have the guts to do. It just shows how much of a fighter Edgar is and will do almost anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment